Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Annotated Bibliography

Check out my About Me page!

Breaking Down Obama's 9 Million Students. Digital image. Eduventures.com. Adventures,  a a aa  a  n.d.Web. 21 April 2015.
http://www.eduventures.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Community-College-31.png
I chose this source because I really liked how it broke down the 9 million students into who those students were and how they were going to be helped. I chose it as a picture instead of just writing it because I feel that the image better captures the true meaning and people are more likely to remember it.

Ireland. Department of the Taoiseach. Building Ireland's Smart Economy: A Framework for the a a a a a a a Sustainable Economy Renewal. Dublin: Stationery Officer, 2008. PDF.
http://www.taoiseach.gov.ie/attached_files/BuildingIrelandsSmartEconomy.pdf
This PDF discusses how Ireland became a country that offers free education and what policies they put in place to make their education the way it is and how it has positively affected their country. It also discusses how they are ranked among other world leaders. I chose this source to prove that it is possible to offer free education and how the US can boost their economy by doing so.

"Office of Student Financial Aid." The Cost. UW-Madison, n.d. Web. 5 May 2015.
https://finaid.wisc.edu/undergraduate-cost.htm
This source breaks down the cost for Undergraduates pursue their degree at UW-Madison and I want everyone to see how expensive everything is here per year. This not only breaks down the COA for in state tuition but also for out of state students and Minnesota Residents.

"Obama: Community College Should Be 'as Free and Universal in America as High School.'"  a a a a a a a a YouTube. YouTube, 20 Jan. 2015. Web. 12 April 2015.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFWhzdQcwnk
This is the video of President Obama given his speech on his proposal so the reason why I chose this is pretty self-explanatory. I am writing about his speech, thus, I need his actual speech.

"Should College Be Free?" YouTube. 19 Jan. 2015. Web. 12 April 2015.
This video breaks down some pros as well as a few cons to President Obama's proposed bill. I chose this source because it already was made with the points I wanted to discuss in my blog. This man really talks about the bill in an impartial way and I really think everyone deserves to know both sides of an argument.

Spears, Richard A. "Travesty of justice." McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal a a a a Verbs. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2005. Print.
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/travesty+of+justice
I chose this source because I felt that the definition of "travesty of justice" was necessary to understand exactly what I was getting at in my blog post titled "travesty of justice." The definition came from McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs, but I used a hyperlink that went to the free dictionary because the free dictionary sourced McGraw-Hill for the definition.

Stevenson, Betsey. "Why Access To Free Community College Matters." White House Blog. The  a a a a a a White House, 9 Jan. 2015. Web. 15 April 2015.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2015/01/09/why-access-free-community-college-matters
This blog post was written on the White House Blog to explain President Obama's proposal on free community college, and it gave a lot of facts on education and how important it is. I chose this source because I know it has current and correct information and it talks about many of the issues I wanted my blog to touch on, but this blog post goes much more in depth than I did. If you are looking for more information on this topic I suggest looking at this site for information based on the U.S.

The Last Refuge. Rag Tag Bunch of Conservative Misfits, n.d. Web. 21 April 2015.
http://theconservativetreehouse.com
I want my audience to see both sides of the argument before they make a decision on if they agree with the idea of free education or not. I also would like to point out that I did not make up the "Rag Tag Bunch of Conservative Misfits" sponsor, that is actually how they refer to themselves on their website. I chose this particular website because they are prominent extremists and they have some cool cartoons that I like.

Unow.com. UniversityNow, 2015. Web. 21 April 2015.
http://unow.com
I chose this source generally because they have a lot to offer if you go on their website and I used one of their photos because it put a lot of information into a photo and made it more interesting to see the exact amounts in an appealing way. I suggest scrolling through their website if you want to know about them and about what they do with Patten University.

"8 Colleges Where Students Attend For Free." Bestcollegereviews.org. Best College Reviews, n.d. a a a a a a Web. 15 April 2015.
This source shows that it is possible to attend college in the United States for free and here are 8 examples of free colleges. I chose this source purely to prove that free college is possible and the source gives a little bit of information on each of the 8 schools listed. 






No comments:

Post a Comment