Wednesday, May 6, 2015

About Me

Hey guys!! My name is Brooke and I am currently finishing my freshman year at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I could not have asked for a better first year and I am grateful I had the chance to attend this great school. I love being a Badger and I consider myself lucky to call Madison my home.

Here's a picture my parents took to tell all of our friends that I had officially chosen UW-Madison.

I also realize that many people are not given the same opportunities because of financial reasons. I have met people like this and consider myself lucky that my parents are willing to help me as much as possible to pursue a degree here at UW-Madison. 

Many people choose a college based on their income because students cannot afford to spend an average of $25,000 per year at a 4 year college. (for the Cost of Attendance as an Undergraduate here at UW-Madison click here) So many students are opting out of attending a 4 year college solely because of the tuition. This blog is going to be dedicated to talking about how making college free will benefit our economy and how we should go about making college free. 

Thanks for reading! Click here for my first blog post.


No comments:

Post a Comment